Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

a religious experience has befallen me....

Old 11-13-2009, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a religious experience has befallen me....

It has been some 5 days, 8 hours, 43 minutes, and some seconds since I have been delivered from the darkness of my prior driving life. It was a warm autumn day, the morning of November 7 when my 2010 inferno red challenger se was delivered. I knew I had been spiritually reborn as I transferred title of my dependable by stodgy 1999 mercedes-benz for my mid-life crisis mobile. My 52 year old physician hands would no longer pilot the solid tank-like ride but would instead grab the reins of a new agile beast.

I strapped in behind the wheel of the monster as it sat in the dealer's garage. Directing the beast to awaken, with a touch of the key, it sprang to life with a controlled low-pitched grumble as I often do on an early saturday morning. I shifted into "D" which stands for get-"D"-heck on the road. Planting my size 12 Nike on the accellerator, I pulled away at what was probably 10 to 12 mph. I couldn't be absolutely certain as I didn't dare break concentration to look down at the speedometer. I kept up this torrid pace for some 20 to 30 feet when I commanded the beast to come to a gradual stop.(I had forgotten to adjust my mirrors.)

Now, some 5 days into this new chapter in my life, I and my new charge have become well acquainted. As a lion-tamer and his performing beast, one i sdirecting the other but neither is in total control. Both have melded to become one, a powerful team. Today, I hit triple figures for the first time (on the odometer--not the spedometer!) To celebrate and express my appreciation for the object of my affection (I mean the car, not my wife) I gave her a good wash and Meguire's wax job. The wax pad applicator stroking---long strokes, forward and back,forward and back,forward and back, slow then faster--was quite sensual in an unusual sort of way. A complete wash and wax job, thoug quite tiring, was a laborof love, and we both finally finished with a last deep breath and parted for the day.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

When you retire from being a physician, you should take up writing. That was a good read.

Enjoy your new car.

Ride that Challenger passion!
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:42 PM

Every time I get in my R/T I get a grin from ear to ear...Dodge definitely did right with these cars.....the 2nd most fun thing about this car besides driving it is buying cool stuff for it.

Check out takeoffautoparts.com....factory takeoffs at low prices. I bought a SRT air intake, lots of stuff there that your SE would benefit greatly from on the cheap. Enjoy!
Old 11-14-2009, 05:55 PM

Dodge design team will be happy to know that you get that much kick from and SE.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:04 AM

Great dialogue on your new adventure. Enjoy the new beast. And that's only and SE you purchased ? Wow, stay away from the RT and SRT, that might make your literary mind explode.