Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

How much downpayment?

Old 03-19-2010, 04:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much downpayment?

How much of a downpayment do you typically need to buy an SRT8 and what would be a typical monthly payment? My business income's been going up a lot lately, so now I can finally *realistically* foresee buying a Challenger this year or next year.

Is it too late to order a plum crazy? How long will they build plum crazy challengers?
Is there any rumor of Sublime being available soon?
The fact that they didn't use Sublime yet makes me think they'll keep building more challengers and use Sublime before they quit making Challengers, possibly saving Sublime for last.

Oh cool, I just read they announced they'll build Challengers until 2013. And they're gonna make some changes, like a new steering wheel. I bet it will be a 3 spoke steering wheel like we wanted.

Last edited by Billionaire; 03-19-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

Hey Billionaire, I haven't seen you for a while.

Welcome back.

I belive a 6.4L is in the works for later this year. That is what I want.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:49 PM

"The world is full of willing people, some willing to work, the rest willing to let them." -- Robert Frost
One question I get asked a lot is, "How much do I need to put down to make ___________ dollars per year," or "How much property do I need to own so I will make _________ in cash flow every year?"
This is a great question, and one that many beginning investors want to know. The best way to describe this is by a simple example. I am making a lot of assumptions and generalizations here, but you will get the picture.
Let's say that you want $50,000 per year income from commercial investment real estate. Let's back this up and see, conservatively, how much real estate you need..
If I have $50,000 of income coming from a property free and clear to me, lets assume that this is a 14% return on my investment (we won't use a no money down scenario, that would be too complicated for this simple example)...
But, $50,000 is 15% cash flow of a $330,000 investment (down payment) into a property. So, we have established that if I can find an investment that gives me a 15% return and I want $50,000 of cash flow, I will be investing $330,000.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:48 AM

If you play around building cars on the dodge site, it will let you estimate your monthly payment, although I think it leaves off tax. Here's a generic one I googled up real quick:

http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/...alculator.aspx

That lets you play with all the parameters and see how change in interest rate/down payment/term will affect the monthly payment.

Glad to hear business is good!

I saw a plum crazy go by on a carrier truck a few weeks back. I imagine you can find some right now, but probably scarce to none if you wait very long.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:54 PM

No, you cant order any Plum Crazies, they are all built, but still in transport. Depending you your credit and what you can afford a month is what determines your down payment. Rule of thumb is " for every 1000 you put down, it cuts 17 dollar a month from the payment" So, with that being said, on a 37k car, if you put 8000 down, you will pay about 500/ month, you put 1000 down, you will pay about 600 a month. IMO, id rather keep the downpayment and spend it on the actual payments, this way you are not broke. Now, if you cant afford 500-600 a month, you are better off just saving up and buying a car down the line. Nothing looks worse on a credit report than late bills or Repo. (this is on a 72 month loan)