Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Adds for new Challenger products

Old 05-10-2010, 07:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Adds for new Challenger products

Most won't know what I'm talking about but a few of the old shoes will know exactally what I mean. As a teenager in the 70s I would always look through the Hot Rod and Muscle Car mags looking at the addvertisment for the latest speed and show goodies for my ride. As the years waned and the muscle cars took a back seat so went the adds. Until you only saw parts for Camaro or Mustang. Yeah they had parts for my old cars but there were no new Mopar warriors in which to find a market for. What did we have? Vipers were out of my price range thats for sure. Fast forward to 2010. So I'm looking over my latest Hot Rod mag and low and behold addvertisment for all kinds of performance parts for our beloved Challenger. I relised then that it had been a long time in coming and it felt like I was part of the current trend. I hav'ent felt that way in a long time. With the Charger and 300 and now the Challenger we finally are a group to target for coin to get the latest high performance parts for our cars. I mean look at the headers,chrome valve covers, intakes, stroker kits, superchargers, ect. An array of body mods which includes shaker hoods and scoops, spoilers. any strip kit you can concieve. I mean its 1970s all over again and now I feel like a kid. " Does this car make me look 16" no but It sure makes me feel that way again. I find myself dreaming of all kinds of stuff for my Challenger just like I did as a kid of 16. So I'm going to enjoy it while I can.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:23 AM

Back in the 70s, Chrysler did a great job of promoting its muscle cars. Check out these two brochures for Dodge's Scat Pack and Plymouth's Rapid Transit System:
Attached Thumbnails s1.jpg   s5.jpg   s4.jpg   s2.jpg  
Old 05-11-2010, 03:00 PM

Sweeeeet!!! Thats what i'm talking about. Its those images that I remember fondly as a teenager. And they were gone for so long. And now we have them back for little while. Enjoy them while you can because as in the 70s they may just fade away.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remember the Sheriff that was givin the kid in the Challenger or Charger a hard time?That,s where Hollywood got the idea for Jackie Gleason,s Sheriff Buford T.Justice.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
Remember the Sheriff that was givin the kid in the Challenger or Charger a hard time?That,s where Hollywood got the idea for Jackie Gleason,s Sheriff Buford T.Justice.
You are tailking about Sheriff Higgins: "You're in a heap of trouble boy, driving a race car on the street........"

And let's not forget the "Dodge Revolution" Girls.......
Attached Thumbnails sheriff_higgins.jpg   dodge-ad.jpg  
Old 05-12-2010, 01:01 PM

Or Plymouth's Mean Mary Jean