Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Need help on removing reverse light housing from trunk

Old 07-30-2010, 05:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need help on removing reverse light housing from trunk

Hi, New here. I just bought a HO 2010 R/T Classic and want to put a flat black SRT spoiler on minus the emblem but don't want to attack the project until I have a better understanding of how to remove the stock spoiler. I also purchased a set of Limited parts rear window louvers and think the rear spoiler in flat black would complete the package. Can anyone Please help me. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Oilpan67
Don
Old 07-30-2010, 08:53 AM

go to
http://www.webelectricproducts.com/

click---online instruction on the left side

under Sequential Turn Signals

choose STS-4CH 2008+ Dodge Challenger
midway down you will see
.REMOVAL - TRUNK TAIL LIGHT FIXTURE
follow those instructions to remove the center section.

only thing i can ad is to hit the studs lightly with a rubber mallet
where the wingnuts came off, using this method my tail-section
popped right out other wise i don't think all the pulling in the world
would have gotten it out.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:40 AM

Thanks WP for your help. You the man! I was really worried about screwing my car up. Can't wait to get started but I'm waiting for the spoiler to come in.

Thanks again,
Don
Old 07-30-2010, 09:50 AM

hey Don, congrats on the louvers, I have them on my car, install wasn't bad, I opted for the screw in install, not he adhesive.

the big part about removing the center light bezel or the trunk is once you have the 4 speed nuts off, you will have to give it a good tug, don't be put off by the sounds you here, the stud clips that hold the unit in are tough, but they will give.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:02 AM

Hi Chris, I opted for the adhesive louvers. Hope they stay on :^) They are still in the shipping crate, I'm waiting for a recent hernia op to heal. So much to do... Thanks for the tip on the stud clips.

Don
Old 08-02-2010, 04:23 AM

you're welcome also with your stock spoiler it should be 2 bolts at each end
and 3 clips with double sided tape along the center.
i have read that some of the guys used heavy fishing line to get the tape to separate, i would think that with a hair dryer on high heat to help loosen the
glue will work.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:38 AM

Thanks again WP. Looks like I need to pick up some fishing line. My new spoiler is supposed to be here tomorrow.

Don
Old 08-03-2010, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by oilpan67
Hi Chris, I opted for the adhesive louvers. Hope they stay on :^) They are still in the shipping crate, I'm waiting for a recent hernia op to heal. So much to do... Thanks for the tip on the stud clips.

Don
I have had a set of the Limited Parts Louvers on my Challenger for over a year, and used the adhesive to mount them. Orignially, there were some issues with the mounting instructions supplied with the louvers. I had a couple of isssues as did another owner here in Arizona, however the good folks at LPI worked with us, and together we came up with better instructions on how to mount the louvers.....no issues since then. Just follow the instructions included and take your time.....you will not be disappointed in how they look.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:24 AM

LPI is pretty quick to assist buyers with issues, they have been great to me, I'm helping a local vendor promote them, I love them,

Don buddy, trust me I know what you are recvereing from hahaha, had 1 myself and my 5yr old son just had surgery to remove 2 about a month ago.

and as for the build, it NEVER ends bud, I say "that's all I'll do..." after I buy such and such part.... hahahaha I have cams and some engine stuff coming now, SC coming next ... then I'll be done hahahahaha yeah right.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:40 PM

Hi Joe, thanks for the info on the louver instructions. I opened the shipping box to read them. Did you use the pad to scuff your paint? I was hoping that rubbing alcohol would do the job. I'm a little hesitant on scuffing my paint. Any info would be appreciated.

Don

Quick Reply: Need help on removing reverse light housing from trunk