Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New To Site

Old 08-30-2010, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New To Site

Hi all,

New to the website, came across it while doing some research and thought I'd sign up given that this world of cars works a lot differently than the one I'm used to. I drove BMW M cars for years, primarily M Coupe's, but recently grew tired of the European thing and returned to my roots. Growing up in the 70's-80's the Challenger was one of the most sought after cars in my neighbourhood, and it was a childhood dream to one day own one. So, after buying my wife a new RAM, and seeing the new Challenger, I got rid of my BMW and got a 2010 SRT8 in Plum Crazy. Despite the fact that I've had the opportunity to drive everything from Ferrari's to Aston's, and have long driven M Cars, I have never enjoyed driving a car as much as I do this car. I actually make up excuses to go places it's that much fun. And never have I spent so much time in my garage working out the details of the things I want to do to make it cooler. in short, I had my head firmly up my ass for way too long.

That said, I will probably ask some rather stupid questions as they arise, so hopefully I won't get burned too bad.

Best to everyone.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:49 AM

Welcome to the site MGCB, Congrats on your new challenger purchase. I know what you mean about finding an excuse to drive it....I also get in the car with no destination in mind,just to drive it. Cfan
Old 08-31-2010, 07:11 AM

welcome MGBC, nice tio see another Canuck amongst us. no stupid questions at all, it's a part of the learning!! welcome aboard
Old 08-31-2010, 09:29 AM

Much appreciated guys.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:57 AM

There are no borders when it comes to Challenger ownership..........
**Besides we have to be nice to our neighbors up North since you actually build our Challengers!!!!
Just kidding of course! Welcome to the Forum..............and enjoy your SRT
Old 09-01-2010, 12:05 PM

True enough! Actually, funny story, on my way home from the airport a Plum Crazy RT pulled up next to me. There are only 4 in the colour in all of western canada. How coincidental is that?
Old 09-01-2010, 07:46 PM

Welcome to the site MGBC. Like you I fell in love with the Challenger back in the early 70's. Unfortunately I had to wait 30 years before I had the financial resources to buy one but it was worth the wait. I do believe it's God's cruel joke on a working class teenager. Allow a beautiful car like that to be built but keep it just out of reach until we reach our 40's. It's not that we suffer mid-life crisis', it's just that 40 to 50 yo is when we finally attain the earning power to afford the nicer things in life
Old 09-02-2010, 09:18 AM

Isn't that the truth. You know there's something special about it. I've owned cars that are more expensive, but the one thing i find with this car, even though it's a production line car and there are problems with things like hood alignment and other issues - it has soul. Maybe you have to be North American to get it, I have friends in the UK that think me mad for liking it so much. But they didn't grow up surrounded by the phenomenon. You know you're screwed when you're sitting in your garage having a smoke because the wife's pregnant and see the smallest smear on the door and immediate go and grab a microfiber cloth to remove it
Old 09-07-2010, 03:55 PM

Welcome MGBC and enjoy your new SRT