Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, A big smokey one!
58.62%
Yes, but just once to check it out.
31.03%
No. That's not cool.
6.90%
Only at the race track.
3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Will you do a burn out with your new Challenger?

Old 10-28-2007, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Will you do a burn out with your new Challenger?

I will probably do it once just to see what it's like. Tires are extremely expensive and I would like to make them last as long as possible, plus I'm not looking at getting a ticket with it right off the bat.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 10-28-2007, 09:56 PM

Default RE: Will you do a burn out with your new Chalelnger?

ORIGINAL: Plum Crazy 08 mopar

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

ORIGINAL: deranged

Left foot depressing clutch-check,
"Clutch"? Hmmmm... Oh, yes, I remember them! Cars LONG BEFORE the LEGENDARY 1970 Dodge Challenger used to have them! Didn't know any were still around.
i cant stand the thought of the chally not having a stick shift[sm=smiley19.gif]
Tisk, tisk. You besmirch the name of the legendary car by calling it a "Chally." Obviously you aren't a man of the 1970s -- when automatics were used by thinking individuals to win races on the streets for money. Why would anyone want to go back to a primitive technology?
Old 10-29-2007, 02:03 AM

Default RE: Will you do a burn out with your new Chalelnger?

Hell yes!!!

Old 10-29-2007, 03:43 PM

You got to be kidding me!!!! You just got the coolest modern day muscle car, waited a minimum of 3 years (for some of us more like 34 years…1974-2008) paid enough cash to buy 2 econo- cars and your not gonna light the rears up like the launch of the space shuttle??? Whoa!!!…. Somebody needs to understand how “Challengers” got to be legendary.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Well the thing is I also view the Challenger as somewhat an investment. If I paid this much for it, I don't want to tare it up either. It doesn't mean I won't have fun with it necessarily, there are plenty of cars I plan on beating at the stop lights, just starting in 2nd gear or something else to prevent taring up those extremely expensive tires.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 11-01-2007, 06:59 AM

When I pay it off in cash at the dealers, I'm going to smile, rip all of those stickers off (hopefully what I paid for it won't be what's on those stickers), take my keys from the dealer, start the car, put August Burns Red's Thrill Seeker CD in. After that, I'm going to do one heck of a brake stand, then after covering those sycophants in gorgeous white smoke, I'm going to peel all the way to the exit. At this point, I will stop, look both ways, then peel out from there. That will be the entirety of my burnouts.
- Rich
Old 11-02-2007, 02:33 AM

Actually, the thinking individual will do exactly ONE burnout with his/her Challenger: During the test drive (assuming a salesman doesn't come along). That way if the engine or transmission blows, you push it back to the dealership, denounce it as a piece of junk and head off to ANOTHER dealership to get your car!
Old 11-02-2007, 04:38 AM
Super Moderator

Not to repeat myself, but that always blew me away..back when there were break in periods (unless of course there still are) ...the salesman would, during a demo, say "really get on it so see what the acceleration will feel like". Meanwhile, this was during the engine's break in period; that always didn't sit well with me.

Man, if the Chally has a break in period, I'm going to order mine with a very clear understanding of how the odometer works, how many tenths of mile should the car have on it, and it will be agreed upon before I sign on the dotted line that I will only take ownership if it the cars has less than X tenths of a mile. I want it new and un-abused.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:12 AM

I don't care if the salesman is in the car or not. I'm not pluncking down my hard earned money without "trying on the shoes first". The last time a salesman actually rode with me on a test drive was in a '70 'Cuda with a 440 4-speed and he got the biggest grin on his face during the burnout and then encouraged me to see how hard it would launch (hard). Never bought the car but we both enjoyed the test drive! That was many years ago and now that I'm older it is an advantage (age) because the salesmen all know you are mature and can be trusted with the car you're test driving. FOOLS! Hell the local Dodge dealer owner here in town that I did landscaping for had me order up the first Magnum R/T for his lot as I would want it equipped and gave me the first test drive (alone) when it rolled off the truck. SWEEEEET!