Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Is buying a dodge challenger worth the money???

Old 06-30-2008, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is buying a dodge challenger worth the money???

Is buying a dodge challenger srt-8 worth the money??????
Old 06-30-2008, 12:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Is buying a dodge challenger worth the money???

andrew you will have to be more specific. As in is an SRT-8 worth more than a GT500 or a Camaro? Or will it become more valuable than the price I paid? These are tough questions with only speculation as an answer. You can only determine what it is worth to you. If you have patience and can wait a year or two the deal will be better with more options. As in used prices and lower than MSRP on new cars. But a man has got to know his limitations. Is an SRT-8 Challenger worth $10,000 over sticker? I personally don't think so and thus I will wait because I have patience So good luck on your decision
Old 06-30-2008, 12:47 PM

Is the car really worth of what all the dodge dealership's say is it or is it not?
Old 06-30-2008, 02:17 PM

It's not worth $400,000.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:20 PM

Whats the deal here andrew?
Is the Challenger real?
Is the Challenger worth it?
Is the Challenger better than the Bullit? .....

Could we have a reason for the double posting of generalized / ambiguous questions, or just continue to entertain you?
Please enlighten us.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:06 PM

Far too harsh, come on guys..this is a forum. Maybe a button got clicked twice...easy does it.

Anyway, I'll put in two cents.

Is it worth it?

Depends on what you are buying.
If you are buying just the car, then you are buying engineering, safety tests, metal, paint,and plastic etc. Chrysler says its worth 36,000 to 38,000

If you are buying the feeling (excitement., pleasure, status etc...whatever is your emotion) the gov't says that's worth taxes 2 grand + more

If you are buying first on block status, dealer says another 5 to 10 to 20 .

I figure it is worth it.

Then again...how does it fit into your life? For Jay Leno, the accountant cuts a check and balances the ledger, has no impact. For me, it won't stop me from sending my kids to college, but do I want to give up 600 a month (payment and insurance) or give up a chunck of the now lower value savings portfiolio to pay up front? If you are someone else with some other set of circumstances, does it (buying a Challenger and how that makes it "worth it" ) negatively impact your meeting of other of life's responsibilites?

The questions have been hashed out on the forum before

For me, I say yes at MSRP aftet I get back from my road trip, maybe turn in Charger, and maybe dip into savings. If not now, then maybe a later 09 RT, maybe a 2010 SE convertible. By then an 08 SRT 8 might be just a used car...like the retro Thunderbird values dropping now on 02's when folks were paying 10 to 15 over to buy new.

is it worth it??? yes and no

Steve Legel
Old 06-30-2008, 04:37 PM

ORIGINAL: stevelegel

Far too harsh, come on guys..this is a forum. Maybe a button got clicked twice...easy doesit.
You may be right, but Im just looking at the history and cant figure it out.
Why would someone come into a Challenger forum and ask if it was real / worth it / better...... without knowing what answers would be given?
Too much time between (double) posts to be a double click on the submit button.
Sorry if this offends anyone. Maybe I worded my inquiry too harshly. I dont know......
Old 06-30-2008, 05:05 PM

I agree with you Bootcamp....

Why the vague questions. Is it worth it? I guess it would depend on who you ask, but on a Challenger forum? I bet you could get a very different answer if you went to a mustang forum.

I waited over 2 years just to purchase one. I have a vin, and a room full of bolt ons, so yes, I think it's worth every cent I paid.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:07 PM

How old are you andrew?

Maybe therein lies the answer...
Old 06-30-2008, 05:53 PM

The only thing worth money in this day and age is extra large mugs with snowmans painted on them. They are wonderful for hot chocolate. However, I was dissapointed to find out that these snowman mugs will not fit in the dodge challenger cupholders. I am now considering a honda pilot instead. I hear it has magnificent cupholders. I will also consider using a new type of mug but it will be a difficult switch.

Have you ever used a mug andrew? They are fantastic! I will answer more questions about them if you're interested.

XOXO

Quick Reply: Is buying a dodge challenger worth the money???