Old 06-30-2008, 04:06 PM
stevelegel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is buying a dodge challenger worth the money???

Far too harsh, come on guys..this is a forum. Maybe a button got clicked twice...easy does it.

Anyway, I'll put in two cents.

Is it worth it?

Depends on what you are buying.
If you are buying just the car, then you are buying engineering, safety tests, metal, paint,and plastic etc. Chrysler says its worth 36,000 to 38,000

If you are buying the feeling (excitement., pleasure, status etc...whatever is your emotion) the gov't says that's worth taxes 2 grand + more

If you are buying first on block status, dealer says another 5 to 10 to 20 .

I figure it is worth it.

Then again...how does it fit into your life? For Jay Leno, the accountant cuts a check and balances the ledger, has no impact. For me, it won't stop me from sending my kids to college, but do I want to give up 600 a month (payment and insurance) or give up a chunck of the now lower value savings portfiolio to pay up front? If you are someone else with some other set of circumstances, does it (buying a Challenger and how that makes it "worth it" ) negatively impact your meeting of other of life's responsibilites?

The questions have been hashed out on the forum before

For me, I say yes at MSRP aftet I get back from my road trip, maybe turn in Charger, and maybe dip into savings. If not now, then maybe a later 09 RT, maybe a 2010 SE convertible. By then an 08 SRT 8 might be just a used car...like the retro Thunderbird values dropping now on 02's when folks were paying 10 to 15 over to buy new.

is it worth it??? yes and no

Steve Legel