Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Rumor about a T/A model

Old 11-13-2006, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rumor about a T/A model

I found this discussion over at DF. http://www.dodgeforum.com/m_613273/tm.htm Enjoy! Remember DF is a forum (i.e. not an offical media source) and this is not an offical thing, just one of millions rumors about the Challenger so if you want to talk about it feel free.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 11-13-2006, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Default RE: Rumor about a T/A model

and there is no one who spreads rumors like good old bob...he writes alot for allpar...
Old 11-13-2006, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

Here are some more of his comments. If true I would be disappointed if it did not have any chrome on the trim.

He said he seen one mockup of it, and the color mocked the concept in a HEMI Orange color. It will have retro T/A stripes, blacked out decals on the hood, and a sporty hood scoop.

As we talked I showed him a picture of the Challenger R/T Super Stock Concept from SEMA. He said he has seen the final bodywork of the car, and it looks pretty close to the Challenger at SEMA. He said the LED tailights are a GO! He only had one complaint about the new Challenger... "...theres no chrome on the car, unlike the ones from the 70's.". He said he hasn't seen the final interior design yet. But the exterior is pretty close to SEMA Concept. He said the door handles, six shooter LED lamps, and LED tailights are going to be on the production model. I did forget to ask him however, about the B-pillar.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:39 PM
Administrator

we have doubted low ranking dealership employees before..

ill believe it all when we see it.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:58 AM

I prefer personally not to have the chrome. That's just me though.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:03 PM

I don't like chrome, it's not sporty!
Old 11-14-2006, 12:37 PM
Administrator

the stratus doesnt have a spot of chrome, inside or out...
Old 11-14-2006, 01:05 PM

I have some, but on the inside. Around the fan vents and the shifter lever. See below:

Old 11-14-2006, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Actually, my preference is either a titanium or polished aluminum look. I agree chrome is too 60's of a look.

Regarding, the engine I could go either go brushed or polished aluminum. I would use chrome on an engine if it was for show.

Changing out some of the engines parts to more polished parts on the concept Challenger will probably be one of the first things I do
besides a few performance enhancements.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:55 AM
Super Moderator

I wouldn't be surprised if they make a T/A package since they offered the Daytona on the R/T for the Charger and the Super Bee for the SRT-8 for the Charger. I'm not going to put very much faith into this until I see a more credible source talking about this.

I also prefer the look of titanium or polished aluminum over chrome. The chrome is too bright and shiny for a muscle car if you ask me, but it is okay in small doses such as around the fan vents and shifter level. Titanium or polished aluminum gives the interior a nice touch of class without looking tacky as chrome can look if used too much.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: Rumor about a T/A model