Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Mustang Fans Getting Scared

Old 02-02-2006, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mustang Fans Getting Scared

i got bored and dicided to check out what the mustang fans had to say about the challenger, most are ready to jump ship and climb into something fast aka the challenger. and the rest are running sacred.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:23 PM

Default RE: Mustang Fans Getting Scared

Hmmm...I'm a member at StangNet. I might have to drop in on some convos, good idea.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

They should be scared. A 3 valve per cylinder SOHC is no match for a 2 valve OHV HEMI.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-03-2006, 05:25 PM
Administrator

well, i run a huge mustang board, and its amazing how many of them arent at all loyal to the stang, they just want a pony car, and they happened to buy a stang over an f body
Old 02-03-2006, 06:09 PM

well having owned 2 stangs (an 01 GT and my current daily driver 04 Mach 1) my personal view is that up until last year for someone to buy a reasonably priced NEW american sports car your options were pretty much limited to the stang. What else was there honestly the GTO? hah ya right... Corvette was to expensive, and i dont like the look of the charger or magnum personally. Neon Srt? Rice to me..I love mustangs always have and always will, however.... i believe that dodge FINALLY got its act together...i wish i could say the same about chevy (new camaro...yuck) i guess theres always hope for a pontiac firebird..
Old 02-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Administrator

whats wrong with the new GTO? if im not mistaken, and im about 99.9% that im not...an LS2 GTO would make pretty short work of a mach 1...or do you just not like the grand am like styling?
Old 02-03-2006, 06:35 PM

actually i believe there about equal in power i remember seeing an article of the two going head to head, no im not a fan of the body, how you can go from somthing so beautiful to what now bares the name GTO is beyond my comprehension...again personal opinion on it, someone over in the design department at GM needs to take a long walk off a short cliff
Old 02-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Administrator

i know someone who is actually a mustang guy, and has several of them, and his 05 LS2 GTO ran something like a 12.85....with an automatic so the missus can drive it...

anyway, as "pony cars" go, i would pick the GTO over the stang, mostly due to the way most of the mustang owners conduct themselves, and keep in mind, i run a forum that has over 25,000 memers..i deal with them every day...and i actually know people who were going to buy a stang, but they wanted to do some research first, so they joined several forums, and after seeing how they were, he wont buy one...also, i like that the GTO stands out a bit...
Old 02-03-2006, 06:49 PM

The GTO is a great performing car; I think it comes down to an issue of style (think.... Chagnum!!!) If the car can't deliver on the looks of a legendary name, as well as the performance, it just doesn't cut it. That's where the Mustang scored big...... it had the looks to go with the performance. It's also where the GTO fails, (that and the price tag.) Who wants a hot rod Grand Prix clone? I was actually considering a Mustang for a while, but just couldn't bring myself to jump to the Ford camp. Figured I'd pick up another classic Mopar instead, 'cuz DCX had absolutely nothing I was interested in. Then, along comes the Challenger! There is hope for an old school fan like me after all!
Old 02-03-2006, 06:53 PM

well i hear you about the way alot of them condct themselves, but im sure its not just mustang owners (have you visited a honda civic forum recently?) i respect everyones opinion and i in no way think the stang is the king of all cars, i wouldnt be here if i thought that, im glad that you preferance is for other cars, what fun would it be if every car on the road was a mustang? not much at all. As i have never raced a GTO i can not either confirm or deny my car is faster, but back to the original post (sorry for going off topic) i believe stang owners are realizing "the grass is greener on the other side"

Quick Reply: Mustang Fans Getting Scared