Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Just made my deposit

Old 12-17-2006, 10:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just made my deposit

I took my Charger SRT8 in for service and decided to see if they were taking deposits for Challengers in the showroom. Indeed they were, and I am 14th on the list at Huffine's in Plano, TX. Anyone wanting to buy a Challenger should sign up now!
Old 12-17-2006, 10:39 PM

Default RE: Just made my deposit

Did they give you a ballpark number for the MSRP or just the option to buy? Also do you have any info on colors, options, or engine and transmission choices?
Old 12-18-2006, 06:04 AM

Did Huffine's have any info to share? How much deposit did it take? I was in my local "5 star" Dodge dealer on Saturday and they hove no clue as to what's going on with the new Chally and will not take orders.

Old 12-18-2006, 08:31 AM

I just did some checking with my dealer in Virginia and he said that by Virginia law, they can't take deposits for a car that can't be ordered yet. So I assume Texas law is different.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:19 AM
Administrator

when i worked for dodge, i know that there were orders taken for the Charger WAY before they were available. I recall three or four customers who put down 5 grand each, and basically agreed to pay whatever the dealership wanted when they arrived, in writing.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:39 AM

Well this is one guy who won't be placing 5 grand down and then agreeing to pay anything the dealer wants. I want to buy, but not that bad. I asked the dealer to check for any news with his sources and all he could tell me was they may know after the first of the year when they may start ordering. He thinks it will be spring before they will actually start taking orders.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:45 AM
Administrator

i agree with you about not getting gouged...
Old 12-18-2006, 11:35 AM

I've asked every dealer in my immediate area here in AZ I can not find anyone taking deposits. They all say they can not take deposits on a car that is not yet in production nor do they have any pricing information available.

Perhaps we should ask Dr Z about this dealership in Texas. There could be some illegal activity going on here.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:43 AM

Well, it looks like Johnman is laughing it up! I just got this from Huffines Dodge:

Thank you for your email on the Dodge Challenger. We have not been taking any deposits as yet because we still don't have a time that they are going into production. I can let you know as soon as we find out then we can start taking deposits on the vehicles. Give me a call if you have any questions. I look forward to working with you.

Thanks Again,

Craig Given
Internet Manager
Huffines C-J-D Lewisville
(972)434-2288

Old 12-18-2006, 12:38 PM
Rob

What the f ...I don't get it. What does Johnman get out of lying (if that's what he's doing...he hasn't come back since he posted!)? Strange.

R

Quick Reply: Just made my deposit