Old 02-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Blu Angel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Instrument Panel - MPH Instead of Km/h?

Nostalgia....smastagia!!! I'm not buying any of that Rob.

Rob and Officer Merv Scene

I can picture it now! There's Rob cruising up the 400 series highway (that's the local interstate to our U.S. friends) on his way to cottage country.

Lo and Behold, Rob gets pulled over by the constabulary (state trooper) in the white vehicle with the red cherries on top.

Officer Merv, [sm=shades.gif] " Well, good day fella. Do you realize you were exceeding the local speed limit! I clocked you overpassing that group of minivans at over 160 KPH.

Innocent Rob, [sm=innoc.gif] " Officer, honest....I was NO way speeding on our highway. Just come look at my speedometer. I didn't go one click over the measured 100 on the speedometer!

Officer Merv, [sm=shades.gif] "Well, let me see that speedometer of yours. Lemme have a seat in your front seat.

Innocent Rob, [sm=innoc.gif]"Well officer, would you like to take my Challenger for a spin to personally check out the speedometer?

Officer Merv, [sm=shades.gif]"Well, that is not a normal procedure for us. But, seeing as how you insist on me checking it out, I will assist in this manner. Young man, I really enjoy how these buckets seats hold you in place. Wish my Crown Vic came with them.

Innocent Rob, [sm=innoc.gif] "Officer, you should see it go around corners........I mean you don't hear a thing......it's real quiet inside. I don't use the stereo much cause it distracts me too much. I would rather concentrate on the road, two hands on the wheel, sitting up straight, and naturally completely buckled in.

Officer Merv,[sm=shades.gif] "Well, this car seems pretty fast for 100 kph. Maybe your speedometer needs to be recalibrated?

Innocent Rob, [sm=innoc.gif] OK officer. I promise to bring it to my Chrysler dealership to check out the speedometer.

To summarize, maybe it's not such a bad idea after all. Canadian Challengers owners should switch their speedometer calibration to the U.S. figures. Speeds will never be the same.