View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 08:11 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: From Forbes.com

ORIGINAL: joeyr

I dont know if GM were to buy Chrysler I think it would plum crazy (pun intended ) for them not to make the chally, especially if all of the money is going to the same place. But if it were to happen, I wouldn't mind seeing the technology (especially the Hemi and other Moapr names) as seperate as possible from the two comapnies. It would be interesting to see what would happen with Pontiac, Hummer, and Caddy if Chrysler and its brood were to join the dark side[sm=vader1.gif] , er, I mean GM's lineup
I'm concerned that if Chrysler and GM merged that the engine line-up wouldn't stay very separate since GM seems like they prefer to make all their divisions use roughly the same engines these days. I agree that they would make the Challenger. If they are going to make the GTO and the Camaro, then they will surely understand the purpose of the Challenger, the only thing is they might cost cut it to the underworld and it might not be as good in quality as it would have been otherwise is all. Better cost cutted than never made though.

I would say that Pontiac would be in jeopardy as would Hummer, but Caddy no. Buick might be since it only currently appeals to senior citizens and Chrysler would probably eliminate them if they added Chrysler group to their line-up.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts