Old 03-01-2007, 03:02 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: IL Insider: Chevrolet Monte Carlo Will Bow Out at Midyear

What year Grand Prix do you have? A friend of mine had a 98 GTP and he complained about the torque steer. To be honest, torque steer doesn't bother me personally but I know it turns some people psychotic. My solution is hold on to the steering wheel and keep it steady.

The reason why I hate to see the W-body sized cars disappear is I really miss the LH cars (even though the LH cars are techincally larger than the W-body cars). Don't get me wrong I like the LX cars, but where I live FWD is a needed. I know the LX cars have AWD, but I don't want to lose the good fuel economy either. The Avenger is okay, but I like large cars because I have to move so much junk so often. It is the perfect vehicle.

Since the Bonneville is gone, the only large FWD cars that GM still have are the Lucerne and the DTS, and you won't catch me dead in one of those cars (ICK!). The W-body is the closest thing to what I have and now those are going to disappear. The Eplison cars are too small for my taste. The Five Hundred (excuse me the Taurus) I believe is going to have an updated version of the Duratech V6 engine, and I have had enough of those crappy engines in just two years. My father's Taurus is already having startingproblems .

Anyways back to the Monte Carlo. I suspected they were going to drop it since the most recent update was very mild. They didn't seem as though they were very interested in investing very much into the Monte Carlo. The GTO will take over that category when it is released.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts