View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 03:20 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is your second choice?

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Well, if I couldn't have a Challenger, then I may consider a Camaro because my wife had a '76 Camaro but they have to change the look for sure and be more classic.

I currently do not want a classic because they weren't built that well back then.

I certainly wouldn't mind building a kit car like a Ford GT40 which I have wanted all along but they are very expensive.

A used Cayman is certainly an option because it is the best handling car under $100K.

I am not sure of the latest on the Chrysler Firepower but that is a possibility.

As you can see I am confused, lets just plan on them making the Challenger.
Yep, you do seem as though your not sure what you want as a second option. I understand you not wanting a classic since classics require expensive repairs quite regularily and are expensive to buy in the first place. Their a big headache if you ask me.

A GT40 would be sweet but an even bigger headache if you ask me. I'm not crazy about Porsche to be honest. I think the plug was pulled on the Firepower unfortuneately. Also since you have complained about the lack of space in the Viper, that would probably prevent you from getting one since a Firepower is on the same platform minus some of the length.

ORIGINAL: Blu Angel
If the Challenger is not available or too pricey, then I will probably stick with GM

2nd choice: 2008 Pontiac G8 (if available in Canada)
3rd Choce: 2008 Cadillac CTS coupe (if produced)
4rd choice: 2009 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible
5th choice: 2008 Volvo C30 T5 (available in Canada March/April 2007)

If I can't wait for any of the above three, then I'll take a Volvo C30 T5 with the European delivery option.
The G8 is one sharp car. If I am ever able to get over my repeated bad luck with GM, I might consider one (but it couldn't have the either the HF or HV engine lines)

I was unaware they were considering a CTS coupe. Add a post if you have info about this possibility.

I'm sorry but I'm with Jeremiah about the Camaro. The looks would have to change significantly before I'd get one. I'm not a fan of Volvo, so to each their own.

ORIGINAL: joeyr
Owning a Muscle car have always been my dream, but if i could not buy this one, I guess I would get anything for now ( I really like the Saturn Aura and the Mini) and try one to buy one used one day.
Well those are quite different from a Challenger, but interesting. So what is it about the Aura and Mini that you like?

ORIGINAL: deranged
300C or maybe Charger SRT. I just have never really warmed up to the front end styling on the Charger though.
I prefered the look of the 99 concept better personally but I warmed up to them after I test drove one. I have lost some of my initial liking of the 300C since I see so many of them and since I see so many non-C models.

To everyone, thanks for sharing this. Interesting how diverse the tastes of our members are. If you would like to elaborate or further discuss, feel free to do so.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts