View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 07:51 AM
themitsuman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1978-1983 Challenger

Hi everybody. Just found this group and was wondering if there was anybody else out there that still might own one of these?

Just to clarify - I hated Chrysler for badging these things "Challenger" too. I always thought that they should have called it a "Scorpion" like Mitsubishi did with the cars that went to Australia - or anything else but a Challenger. I am 100% with the rest of you guys on this.

Unfortunately, it is what it is.

I know that a lot of people think that these cars were/are pretty much butt-ugly. I never really thought that they were super-hideous, just kind of "different" and, sort of, cool-for-their-day. They had nice interiors, (yeah, okay... the plaid is pretty strange), and were pretty quick with the "big" 2600 motor.

I own a 1980 Challenger along with a 1979 Fire Arrow. Both are 2.6, 5-speed cars. The Challenger's got about 73,000 miles on it and the Arrow's got just under 61,000. They're both in very good condition.

Challenger is stock. Arrow is souped up with twin 44mm Mikunis, cam, header and Flowmaster exhaust. Both run well and are really fun to drive, but the Arrow has the balls.

Look forward to B.S.-ing with anybody that wants to about these "things."

ALWAYS looking for spare parts!