View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 09:46 AM
themitsuman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1978-1983 Challenger

Thanks for the welcome. I always liked the '69 Daytona, too! LOL

Despite the motor being known for having a weak head design, my experiences with the G54B 2.6 "big block" have been positive. It is a very gutsy, smooth running engine. The same goes for the Mitsubishi, 4G52, 2000 engine.

I only had one 1600, and while it was very reliable - and very economical - it lacked power, so I opted for the larger 2000 in the Arrow that I had at the time. The 2000 didn't have near the power that the 2600 had/has, but it wasn't bad and it was extremely reliable. (and, as a kid, I beat the living daylights out of it!)

The Challenger and the Arrow are the only two old cars that I currently own. They get the garage and the newer cars, that my wife and I drive everyday, sleep outside in the weather. Go figure.

The 2008 Challenger is stunning. Glad to see Chrysler getting their act together -- I thought that they completely blew it with the "new" Charger... two too many slams - and come on... after they knew for at least two years in advance of Ford's release of the retro Mustang?! A clear miss in my book. The Chargers are slowly starting to grow on me, but I do really like the look of the Challenger. (How could anybody look at that car and not love it?!) I just hope that they don't put the same chincy interior in it like they put in the Magnum, the 300 and/or the Charger... FEH.