Old 03-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Black Pro-Stock Challenger to debut at Detroit Autorama this weekend

Very nice looking!

Dodge Challenger Super Stock blacks out at Autorama

Posted Mar 9th 2007 4:29PM by Frank Filipponio
Filed under: Concept Cars, Time Warp, Sports/GTs, Dodge

The boys at Jalopnik just arrived in Detroit for the Autorama show and happened upon the Dodge Challenger Super Stock concept car, the one we mentioned would be at Autorama a few days ago. We saw the same car in Las Vegas for SEMA, although with a different color scheme. To rehash, the Challenger Super Stock has a 392 HEMI crate motor pumping out 525 hp and 510 ft-lbs of tire-melting power. In place of the Ronnie Sox livery, now the S/S is sporting a sinister matte black finish with gloss black highlights. Click the Read link to visit Jalopnik for more pics.

Obviously intended as a dragster, the car's rear suspension was completely redone by the DCX Skunkwerks team. An A999 automatic transmission channels that HEMI power through a classic DANA 60 solid rear axle supported by Mopar "Super Stock" leaf springs. Along with the 15" Goodyear Eagle racing slicks, this setup should reduce wheel hop and significantly improve straight-line performance. If you liked it before, you'll probably love the way it looks now. If you didn't like it before, you probably don't understand it, and we're not sure the black paintjob will help.

[Source: Jalopnik]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/9E0948DBD76E40F0B3A8C363391BABDF.jpg[/IMG]
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.