View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 10:30 AM
1 Bad Mirada
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mustang Fans Getting Scared

ORIGINAL: Mister L

I don't think the Mustang guys are running from any Dodge. It's true, some can be real assholes and think their car is all that and a bag of chips but the same goes for all the other models not just Mustang guys. I know there are other makers cars that are faster than my Mach, but I liked the retro Mach 1 so much that I bought two of them. Does that mean the Mach is all that and a bag of chips? NO. But I like my cars and will not get rid of one just to have the new Challenger. I'm a Ford guy to the bone and on a Dodge forum. Who cares? I agree with many that the new Camaro is ugly and does not match a retro theme even tho some of the clipped lines from the 69 are evident. Dodge absolutely did it right with the Challenger providing they stick to the concept design. I grew up in the muscle car era when everyone, Ford, Plymouth, Dodge, Chevrolet, AMC, Mercury, Pontiac and all the others had their versions of track stars. The new 05 Mustang has done nothing for me personally unless it has the Roush body kit. The GTO although a great idea totally lacks any retro styling. So, without slamming any owners of any of these breeds whether late model or old, enjoy whats coming from Detroit. And the bottom line of track performance regardless of car or horsepower is the drivers ability to get that power to the pavement and thru the traps. For that reason many faster cars get beat by slower models. As previously stated, "I'm a Ford guy," but I would love to own this new Challenger.
well put...i liked what they did with the mach 1 with the hood and stripes, but it seems to me that they maybe could have done a little more to give more of a retro feel...but i honestly dont know what...