View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 10:49 PM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: YES, I'M A BAD AMERICAN

"I can't say I have a firm stance on abortion, it isn't something I've had experience with and is obviously a very complex issue. I'll leave the decision making up to other people on that one (for now anyway). "

Well, you should have an opinion since it is called murder.
People will say that it is their own body, they can do with it what they want. Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit

1 Corinthians 6:18-20 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. 19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

What do you mean take prayer out of schools? Like group praying or something? As far as I know an individual has every right to pray in a public school but there is no official "prayer hour" or something.

I am guessing but you must be young as back in the 50's, 60's and 70's there used to be prayers in school, just like there is a Pledge of Allegiance. Now most schools have a quiet time without the prayer.

I'm confused on this part. I don't see homosexuality as something to "support". You either are or you aren't and I'm not in any position to tell someone what gender they're attracted too.

Let me help you with the confusion. There are school districts around the country that allowing "alternative lifestyles" to be taught to children in elementary school.
As a parent, I have a strong voice on what moralities/value system I want taught to my children and that is not one of them.
There are companies that are promoting homosexuals so they are seen as not being discriminating agains homosexuals and not because they are better employees
as it looks good on their point card.

Romans 1:18,26

18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of human beings who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

I'm not sure about the reference to taking God out of books. What books exactly? The concept of a god obviously has had a huge impact on history so I don't see any reason why it should not be referenced.

What I mean by books are things like the references to God off of money, out of the Pledge of Allegiance, the court room oath, etc..

Just so we know where I stand, there is no such thing as the concept of a god..........there is God.......the one and only.

We need not believe in any god to have morals. I don't appreciate being told my opinion has no merit unless it's backed by the bible.
[b]
Okay, so what are we to use a reference plane (like a carpenters leveler or a compass for direction)for our truth. There are certain portions of our population that their morals tell them that we are infidels and should be destroyed so does that make it right. That is the morals they were raised with. So which one is worse, a pedophile, a rapist, a murder? In our eyes, we would think the murderer is worse because in our society he will probably be put to death. In God's eyes they are a sin and a stain. There is a difference between societies truth and God's truth.

God's truth comes from the bible.

By the way, I did not say you did not have a morals. What I said, was your opinion may be without truth.

God speaks to us in several different ways:

1. The Bible or scripture

2. Sermon

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.