View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 02:16 AM
Justinec101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: YES, I'M A BAD AMERICAN

I guess what I am getting at, is all of that seems open to personal interpretation. Is God going to save the sinners or does he expect other Christians to do it. The problem I have here is people taking a book as fact that is telling them to go make other people believe what they believe. You may believe that it is the best way to live by, but I don't. Imagine if someone created another religion, and you became the minority, and you felt that this religion was rediculous. But they kept on pressing it upon you, putting ZEUS or something on your money, the president says let us all pray to the "thunder god" in speeches. This may all sound rediculous to you, but this is exactly how I, and many other people feel. You have no question that you're right. You know you're going to heaven and you know I'm probably going to hell. Understand I'm not pointing at you specifically, but there are many people who have made it clear that they want this country run by the bible, and they want everyone else to do so as well. You may in fact leave everyone to their own devices, gays can be gay, women can get their abortions, etc. But there are people who follow the same religion you do, who read the same book that you quote from, but they take it a different way. They feel they need to press their beliefs upon everyone else. My question is, do you not think it is dangerous to have people so completely, so absolutely sure they're right, basing these huge issues on a book that is so open to interpretation?