Old 04-03-2007, 12:33 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Quentin Tarantino Conned Collectors Out Of Classic Cars

ORIGINAL: Nero

Also Jeremiah, it is not a matter of a better car it is history and respect. You can't buy a new 1970 Challenger or Charger and which makes car people droll? A 1970's Challenger with a 426 with all the trimmings or a 2008 with possible options? Personally I like both but would go for the 1970.
Nero, I don't think you understand what Jeremiah is saying. What he is saying is a 08 Challenger will be put together better than a classic Challenger. After owning one for 10 years an 08 Challenger will be in better shape than a 1970 Challenger was in 1980. Also a 08 Challenger will be easier to drive than a classic due to current technology upgrades that have ben developed in the last 35 years. Also the upcoming one will be safer again due to current technology. Also the new HEMI does not require the constant timing service that the 426 needed. Those are the things he meant, when he said a better car.

Don't get me wrong, the classic Challenger is great, and there are aspects about it which makes me prefer it to the current one (the rims, the shape is a little less boxy, etc.), but all in all in the academic sense, the 08 is better due to technology upgrades. Some prefer the classic which is great, but others prefer the upcoming model which is also great. If money was no object, don't know which one I would choose for sure, but since I'm not made of $$$, the 08 would be the one I would get.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts