View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 11:35 PM
mopar440

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger Availability

ORIGINAL: browndawgdude

That countdown is to the announcement at Chicago I believe. It doesn't mean you can buy one that day...to the best of my knowledge. It might mean you can put money down to hold one though. Also, I'm not sure it'll be that easy to sell 30K-50K of these as someone said. A 2-door is not practical these days so it may not be as easy as you think to see that quantity.
Do people care about practicality, no they don't. If they did, nobody would buy a Hummer, Porche, Lambo, Ferrari, etc. What practicality do these vehicles have in the U.S. none, you can't do 200 on a freeway( at least in the US), Hummers, who do you know that buys one actually takes it rock climbing. Two door cars may not be practical to some, but some still want a two door muscle car, example being a Mustang, people have bought them since they came out and it still goes on. Mopar fanatics wanted a two door muscle car ever since the news of the Charger coming out, people were disappointed when it showed up as a four door. Now they are finally getting something they have asked for, not because its a two door muscle car, but because it resembles the old Challenger, only modern version. If they came out with what they did in the early 80's mituisbishi version, believe me it would have been a disaster.