View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 10:18 AM
chill21genlee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How Much is Too Much?

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

With all the hype over this car if think you can get one at or below MSRP I'm afraid you're dreaming and you better start looking for another means of transportation.

I agree to an extent and definitely in 2008, but there is always a frenzy when a hot new car comes out, and it typically dies down by the next year. I think there will be huge demand on this car (more than Dodge expects) which will cause them to boost the production #'s in 09, thereby reducing the premiums.

From a dollars and cents standpoint, if the car is in high demand, Dodge stands to make much more by taking in MSRP on a higher volume of vehicles than they do by having deep gouges on a smaller amount of volume.

The production unmbers will be lower in 08simply b/c they cannot afford to make too many if the brand isn't as successful as they hope, not to mention manufacturing time restraints.
But by the 09 model, they will hopefully have the ability and desire to produce a much higher volume.

Not that it's an apples to apples comparison, but the same was true with the latest iteration of the Mustang in the first year of that new body style. Mustangs are produced at a MUCH higher volume than you can expect the Challenger to ever be, but I am hoping the basic econimic principals of supply and demand will still hold true