View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 02:30 PM
WhiteHeat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How Much is Too Much?

Speaking as someone who has spec'd out and special ordered a Dodge before, yes I'm sure you'll be able to do that with the Challenger - eventually. Granted, mine was a 2001 Dakota, but I logged on to AutoByTel.com and they connected me with their nearest affiliated Dodge dealer who ordered exactly what I wanted for 4% over invoice. I couldn't get anyone near me to match that deal, so I ordered from that dealer even though he was 200 miles away.

Things to consider:
[ul][*] First year frenzy may make ordering impossible until year two. [*] Ordering means waiting, which can be excruciating! Ask anyone on this board! [*] I'm assuming the top-of-the-line Challengers will always be in high demand, so they may not let you order an SRT8 that way, or if they do the price may still be steep. [*] And, as mentioned above, ordering will certainly be in packages, so I doubt you'll ever be able to completely order a la carte.[/ul]
To those here who say the Challenger will always be over MSRP, I disagree. The SRT8s might be, but the base models or the R/Ts will probably be in full supply at least by year two. My budget won't allow me to by 'til then anyway, so I'm hoping they will be plentiful when I'm ready to buy.

Heat