View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What do you clean your old car with?

I pretty much detail my cars almost every time I clean them. I have a chemical and brush for many different parts of the car.

I have been a big fan of:

Car dealers generally charge a pretty penny for a poly sealant--upwards of $300 in most shops. The pros at Meguiar’s decided to level the playing field and offer their poly sealant (#20)--the same #20 Polymer Sealant the professional shops use--to the everyday user, at a fraction of the cost!

I typically would find this Meguiar's #20 polymer sealant at a car dealership for about $17.00 a bottle.

The dealership quite carrying it and so I now use Meguiar's NXT Next Generation polymer sealant wax for about $15.00(actually I think it may be cheaper) at Walmart. It is in a green can.

What I like is the polymer sealants last, have a great shine, and I can coat the entire vehicle and then take it all off at the end. It comes off easy.

Please, please, please do not this in the sun. You will have permanent burnt wax on your car.

I never wash my car either in the sun because of the shock of the cold water hitting the hot paint and you can get microcracks which over time tear into your paint.

If you get bird poop, at the the very least take a water and rag and wipe it off and it is an acid that will burn spots into your paint job.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.