Thread: Backup plan?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Backup plan?

How about a Hemi hybrid? LOL!

Can you imagine a Hemi Hybrid Challenger?

Hybrid Hemi Chrysler Aspen On The Way in 08

The headline says it all. Chrysler is planning to release a Hemi-powered hybrid engine in 2008 under the hood of the Aspen SUV, along with its Dodge Durango twin. The company claims the hybrid system – jointly developed with BMW and GM (minus the Hemi of course) — will deliver 25% better fuel economy and 40% better efficiency in the city.

There are no exact mileage estimates, but using the current gas-powered Hemi Aspen’s EPA figures — 14/19 mpg city/highway — this would bring city mileage up to 19.6 mpg, with the highway seeing much less of an increase, up to just more than 23 mpg. All figures are using the 2007 EPA guidelines.

The company doesn’t say if horsepower or torque will be increased, but they should be higher than the current 335 hp and 375 pounds-feet of torque. There’s also no mention of an exact release date but it will definitely be in calendar year 2008. The thinking behind such a move probably has to do with the fact that poor mileage has hurt large SUV sales along with the fact that the cost of such systems will likely be more easily absorbed in a higher priced vehicle.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.