View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Old_Goat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Love the new Challenger!

I have always wanted a hemi Challenger, but won't pay the uber big bucks for the 70's classic. This new Challenger is very appealing and if the performance is anywhere near the SRT-8 performance, it will be outstanding. I would guess the new Challenger would be capable of easy 12.8, probably quicker in the hands of really good drivers with good weather and track conditions.

I currently own a 2005 GTO (please no flames about my car, I didn't come her for that, thanks) and I am very happy with it, however the Challenger just has my eye. I am 52 years old, married, no kids from the Houston Texas area.

I don't think I would desire a brand new first year Challenger. I won't pay out the azz for any car just to be the first on the block to own one. My perfect car would be a second year Challenger, Plum Crazy, with an automatic. The automatic is necessary because my wife has diabetic complications and her legs and feet are really weak.

I would put on a new pair of Nitto DR's, see what kind of tune I could get, and head down to Houston Raceway Park and have some fun. I love to take my car to the track, as it is very exciting and peaceful at the same time.

Back to getting a second year Challenger, this goes back to the 2004 GTO and came out with the LS1 with 350 HP, when I waited a year and got the greatly improved 400 HP LS2 engine, plus some other goodies for almost the same price as the 2004. I would also want to get the bugs worked out of the first year car, and yes, there will be some bugs.

Lastly, being a current GM car owner, I have zero desire for the new Camaro.