View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 07:55 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Avenger....what's with that

Overall, I like the Avenger except for them using the EGJ version of the 3.5L instead of the EGG H.O. version of the 3.5L and their choice to deny the new 6-speed automatic the Variable Line Pressure system to improve performance, fuel economy, and reliability. They should make this new 6-speed standard on all trim levels to give it a competitive advantage in fuel mileage and potentially performance, and replace the 2.7L with the more reliable 3.3L OHV.

I like the exterior styling; however, I can see your point as well. It appeals only to a particular audience which is more likely to be interested in the Charger. If they intend to compete with only two car divisions, they need to diversify their line-up's styling. I think the best thing Chrysler Group could do is style the Avenger as they did the original to follow the Viper's theme. This will allow them to appeal to the type that prefers arrow dynamic looking models. Also the interior needs the soft dash materials that can be found in the current minivan line-up. That stuff is very soft and does not look cheap as the hard plastics do currently.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts