Old 05-09-2007, 10:22 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A Wife's Request - Long but a good read

ORIGINAL: awsure

I tend to get a little emotional about this subject when I get subjected to the pablum spewed by those with fence sitting beliefs. Our very close family friends lost a son in Iraq and he believed in his mission. I feel the same way the lady in the piece felt overhearing the people at the next table.

I try to be pretty respectful on this forum (and in my life in general) and show restraint. I think the word idiot is pretty mild but agree with your sentiment and will try to refrain from calling any idiots an idiot in future posts.

I understand your feelings. I have both family members and close friends over there and I get tired of people believing propaganda just because they are still bitter about who's president. One of my closest friends has been there since the beginning in the Marines and reinlisted. He believes strongly in the mission and I admire him. I get sick of hearing these politically motivated lies running out of uninformed people like diarrhea who think they know everything.

You're normally very good about not using name calling. I thank you for your future efforts to avoid using name calling.

Something else I wanted to address, who is really the greedy one? Many of these quotes are from people who have flip-flopped so then they can get money from anti-war people from Hollywood and elsewhere. They are willing to sell out our country so then they can get not only a few extra bucks, but also power. Greed is something that will always exist on both sides. The fact is we are not getting the oil that some are claiming we are "after" in Iraq, if we did the oil prices would be going down instead of up; therefore, that is an illogical argument.

The problem with the stance of "I'm against the war, but not the troops" is that right after this, many have moments like Dick Durbin, where they compare insignificant things like what happened at Guantanamo Bay to Nazis, Soviet gulags, and others. Their support is skin deep. Just an example, my cousin was at an airport and was in uniform, a person ran up to him and said, "I support the troops, but not the war!" My cousin responded, "Well, I happen to believe in the war, that is why I joined." Then the person started cursing at him, calling him a murderer and other things. If they really support the troops, they will support what they are doing whether or not they like who is in the White House.

lear4406: Thank you. I agree war should not be the first choice and it wasn't despite what some people claim. Your right that these people cannot be reasoned with, the numerous UN resolutions, previous sanctions, and other failed diplomacy were proof of that. The only way to deal with a nutcase is to get rid of them. Hitler didn't want to be friends, he wanted world domination and that is nothing short of what these nutcases are after.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts