View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 07:45 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Daimler pays to dump Chrysler

(Warning: I'm in a very bad mood; therefore, my responses will be very negative about Daimler as I now rank them below Toyota my previous most disliked brand)

Good! Daimler is going to lose money. At least that helps lighten my mood about this whole situation. They are the reason why Chrysler is in this shape. They didn't want to operate Chrysler for the sake of what is good for Chrysler, they wanted to use Chrysler to help their economies of scale (produce more Mercedes junk to make each unit less expensive). Anytime Chrysler proved to be more innovative than MB, they acted like a bunch of rich, spoiled brats over it and destroyed Chrysler's work. They have almost succeeded in destroying Chrysler like they almost destroyed Mitsubishi. They are fools. They are going to go under if they don't get their heads straight on how to run this company.

I'm not happy about Cerberus getting them. Why would they want to take on something like this unless they are going to dismantle it? If they do run it, they will probably have accountants run it and we will have bland cars again like we had from Iaccoca's reign (I'm also pinning some of the blame on him for the merger because he let Eaton run Chrysler instead of Lutz because of a personal disagreement the two had with each other). What does Cerberus really know about how to manage a car company. GMAC is the financial end which they already understand, but this is a lot more complex. Magna would have been the best choice.

I'm going to stop here before I really start to say some controversial things.[sm=rant.gif]

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts