Old 05-22-2007, 09:24 AM
lear4406

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Flexed muscles have car-buying public swooning again

I recently got the car back on the road and I drive it back and forth to work. I drive Hwy. 73 from Kannapolis to Mooresville where I work. I cross over I-77 and the road widens out to 3 lanes for about 2 miles. And there are 5 stop lights on this section of road. I have been challenged by everything from a mini van to a powerstroke ford truck. I ignor the autos that I deam not worthy. And I don't mean that in a condercending way. I just think that some people like to play and so I let them. Not worth the risk of a ticket. But some cars are out to the point of annoying you into a run. I never look for a supervised accelaration test but I always seem to find a car in need of an education. I also know what will hand me my bumper and I leave them alone. Better to just grin and let them wonder, than to hit the throttle and let the cat out of the bag. My car has a nice lick to it at idle and tne bark is worse than the bite. But it does hold its own for a 340. I will be running it at the strip soon to have times to compare to, for the mods going on soon. I've ordered new headers and a mandrel bent 2 1/2" dynomax system. A deep milodon pan and an old Holley street dominator single plane intake. I'm hoping for a little more RPM.