View Single Post
Old 02-10-2006, 11:49 AM
deranged

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK..... IT'S SLOW AROUND HERE........

LET'S SPEED THINGS UP! Let's share some high speed driving stories. Not racing but driving stories. NO Bull$hit just facts! I know what an irresponsible thing it is but I think everyone here has at least had ONE momentary lapse of judgement where we just said "To hell with it!" and just stretched our right leg and left it there. Here goes: There is a local and lightly policed area of interstate highway of about 30 miles in length between S- town and D-town (I won't advertise it) One night back in November coming out of S-town on the way to D-town with the cruise set on 75 mph I'm blown in the weeds but a BMW 5 series sedan. Then WHOOSH a Mercedes I think it was a 400 something 2 door flies by. I'm thinking wow! about this point. And then a 2 door Cutlass 90's model goes wizzing by and then a 2000's Grand Prix SE sedan. Well I don't Know what else to say besides I decided at that point I was not going to be left out of the fun today! I caught up to them at about 100 mph and the sign on the right said 23 miles to D-town! The wifes Neon was about to stretch it's legs! For the next 23 miles it was a cat and mouse game of who wants to get ticketed first with speeds only dropping below 100 mph on one occasion when the 5 series boxed the Mercedes behind slower traffic. At that point the Driver of the Mercedes pulled out after I went by in the Neon and asserted his authority shall we say. Truly impressive acceleration is all I can say as I watched that car LEAP past all involved to the front of the pack never to relinquish the lead again! Also at that point Cutlass decided he had had enough and dropped out of the fray! About 5 miles later Grand Prix decided he wouldn't go for the grand prize after all! That left the 5 series, the big Merc and the little Neon. WELL the little Neon hung on their asses for the duration to D-town! For probably 20 of those 30 miles between S and D-town the Neon was on the limiter-NO BS! I am truly impressed with the little thing and must admit I never enjoyed driving that car before this event took place. I now at least have respect for it and what it is capable of. Not a race car but a damned sweet running car. Hell the next week I even ordered a stainless axle back exhaust with dual tips as it's reward for a job well done! And the wife likes the shiney pipes! snicker, snicker!