View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 09:05 AM
lear4406

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What Performance Cars Have You Owned?

First car I ever owned was when I was 16 I bought a 1972 Hemi orange 340 4-speed Duster. Next I got a 1969 383 Charger R/T. Then I bought my 1971 Challenger. When I turned 20 I bought a 1970 440 GTX auto. In 1996 I bought a 1988 red Conquest TSI 5-speed. And last but not least I bought a 1991 red Stealth R/T. I have all these cars except the Charger and the Duster. The Duster was totaled when a young girl ran a stop sign and hit me broad sided at 60 mph. RIP. The 340 now resides in my Challenger. The Charger was sold to a guy who wanted to make a show car out of it. I've had my share of muscle cars and even some mini-muscle. Fun factor the 88 TSI is by far the most fun. Rear wheel drive a nice 5-speed and a modded 2.6 putting 245 HP to the wheels. But for just sitting in traffic and idling with the wow factor, my Challenger. That rumpity-rump idle sounds so 70s. That is what you wanted to hear when you drove through the local hang out. Its like the big bark, intimidated a lot of cruisers in the day. They would think about the 1/4 mile run, then you would crank her up and the tune would change. Suddenly someone was late for dinner. My cars are a part of my history and each one tells their own story about a different time in my life. Pre kids, kids, and post kids. My boys are the same way. My oldest has 4 cars and my youngest has 2.