Old 05-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mitt Romney Slams Network Over Leak of Alleged CIA Cover Operation in Iran

Some of this is scary religious stuff and incompetence in the media.

In my book, anybody that betrays their country by leaking information against our soldiers, military, and goverment security agencies and puts
our people at risk ought to be shot. In this case if ABC is guilty then they need to be heavily fined and people thrown in prison. If people were killed
as a result of this leak, then they need to be executed. It would make people think twice about putting our peoples lives at risk. Some media organizations
think they can report anything and get away with it and also are in it for the money and fame.

Giving them the benefit of the doubt, maybe ABC accidently leaking information was part of the master plot but if I was president of ABC I would not have touched it
with a 10 foot pole unless the US goverment wanted me to.

Mitt Romney Slams Network Over Leak of Alleged CIA Cover Operation in Iran

Friday , May 25, 2007

This is a partial transcript from "Hannity & Colmes," May 24, 2007, that has been edited for clarity.

MITT ROMNEY, (R) PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: I was not shocked because of the covert action. I was shocked because a news organization with such a renowned reputation as ABC News would deem it appropriate to publish information about a covert action existing.

And publish that not only to America but to the entire world. I think it important to recognize that we have a global war on terror that continues. It's a global war against violent jihad. We've seen six years of this, it's not about to disappear anytime soon.

SEAN HANNITY, CO-HOST: That was presidential candidate Mitt Romney expressing his disappointment with ABC News for its report exposing covert CIA operations going on in Iran and our fight against terrorism by the way could hit closer to home.

There is a disturbing research by the Pew Research Center. It found literally that one in four young American Muslims think that suicide bombings are acceptable in at least some circumstances when it comes to defending their religion.

Joining us now, the author of "Never Quit the Fight," Lieutenant Colonel Ralph Peters. Ralph let me start with Mitt Romney's comments. Mitt Romney was 100 percent right, I'm glad these covert operations to destabilize Iran are going on here. But why would ABC expose it and why should we not conclude that they're putting ratings above our own national security, they're putting ratings above our own national safety?

LT. COL. RALPH PETERS, "NEVER QUIT THE FIGHT": Sean, you got a couple of issues going here. First of all, most of the mainstream media don't care how many troops they kill if they get higher ratings. And we all know that and it's ugly and that's that.

But what concerns me are two issues down here in Washington. First of all, this culture of leaks. The idea that secret — top secret, doesn't matter. If you don't like a policy in your department, you leak it. I really think we need to get serious. Punishing people on both sides of the aisle.

HANNITY: I agree with you.

PETERS: But the other issue in this particular case, on this particular case I really think this may have been a conscious — a purposeful leak to bring pressure on Iran to nudge the Iranians. Really a leak is psychological warfare.

HANNITY: Perhaps, and I can hope you're right. But for a news organization to make the decision, these are covert operations against the country that wants nuclear weapons, that denies the Holocaust, that wants to wipe Israel off the map, it's very disturbing to me and it should be to every American.

My next question to you, though, is about this Pew Research Center study. One in four American Muslims find suicide bombings acceptable to protect their religion. That scares the living daylights out of me.

PETERS: Well it certainly is scary. But when you really look at the way they p
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.