Thread: Test Drive?
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 04:31 PM
Erik M3
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Test Drive?

is today recent enough ?? My neighbor owns the local DCX Superstore. His personal car is a 07 Silver Charger SRT. he just got it btw. I drove it today some and on sat he gave me a ride up to my Ducati dealer to drop me off to p/u my 1098 from service.

The car is fast for sure, but very heavy. Remember I drive my EVO MR as my DD so we are talking about 1200 lbs more than I am used too. It has OK power off the line and really comes into its own in 3rd and 4th. I enjoyed smashing the pedal from maybe 30 mph and running up to 80 mph. The one thing that kills me though is the delay in the tranny from either 2-3 or 3-4, maybe both duh cannot remember now.
That sh*t needs to be fixed ASAP as the lag is very noticable. It seems more of a computer glitch than mech. though so maybe a re-flash or something.
This car would be awesme if not for that extra 1000 lbs of lard in it's a$$.

maybe I am just spoiled w/the EVO and M3 though so ..

I would have no prob adding the Charger to my fleet though. One other thing that stood out was the MPG. I hate to bring it up BUT we suked thru a 1/3 tank of gas very fast. maybe 45 miles , granted we were flooring it so but I could almost se the gauge move.

And being guys I had to catch him on the Ducati we raced from maybe 40 to 120 and I had 4 car lenghts on him. We did that about three times but he was getting a little upset by his 4th a$$ beating.