View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 03:46 PM
zman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Canadian Dollar Climbing

Well, I would think that if Chrysler or Cerberus the new owner wich is a US based company is having the Challenger built in Canada, lets just pull a number out of the air, say it costs Cerberus $30k US to have the Challenger built in Canada and that would be at the press release time last spring, wich the Can buck was at around $0.91US I think, give or take a cent, and at production time coming this spring it's at a $1.05 or higher say, it's going to cost Cerberus approx $0.15 on the dollar more to build. Which I think will bump the price of the car up for you guys south of the border. Wich means an additional $4500.00. Lets face it, it's cheaper to have anything built here in Canada because of the strong US dollar, but when the scale tips the other way it's going to hurt the Canadian economy big time because US based companies would rather spend the cash at home to keep costs down, unless it makes no sense to simply move operations back to US soil, meaning they are in to deep into the Canadian manufacturing world. But it does make spending money for us easier when it comes to buying merchandise from the US or simply travelling to and around the US. It's to bad that the North American auto world is hurting as much as it is, wich is what North American and or the entire industrial world is all about, building the automobile. Help me out here people maybe I'm not looking at this correctly, can anyone see it this way?