View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 01:34 PM
GTO JUDGE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger markup

Back in the mid 70's when I was in High School. (God that is so so long ago even though it seems like yesterday).. I was not allowed to have a muscle car. So the inclination to have one, well I didn't dwell on it. My dad cosigned a 4 door twin spider corvair monza (1966) It blew smoke out the ass end. It wasn't what I wanted but it was mine.. I do wish though I had it now..

As I aged, I got the taste for what I missed. I always liked them all, except Mustangs. I did love the 69 Judge, I liked the Charger, and Challenger as well come to think of it..hell I loved em all. I could have had a 70 plum Cuda convertible from a buddy in school my dad said NO. Fast forward 30 years..........Pontiac introduces the 2004 GTO. I went to an open house, and was a bit disappointed so I did not purchase it. 2005 brought a little more aggressive look. I test drove an 04 thinking the 05 will have a little more guts... That's all it took. I ordered it with the full body kit figuring I'd have what not many have with the kit. The kits are no longer available and the prices of those parts are fetching 3 times the cost of them originally......Finally I got a muscle car. Not quite retro enough for me on the exterior but non the less it was retro enough where it counted, under the hood. Car and Driver gave it a thumbs down.. Big deal.... With a Corvette motor and drive train, well, it hauls ass. Now the Challenger..... Gotta say don't much care for the Charger.

I am making up for lost time...... I had seen concept pics of the Chevelle SS, That never paned out, That was HOT looking, the concept pic of the Charger was redesigned... or I may have opted for that if it were built like the pic. I saw a concept pic of a trans am... That looked sweet but will not be built......

I am anxiously awaiting the Challenger to hit..... Orange, black with the black 70' style spoiler on the back.,,,, I missed out the first time...... not this time. I just hope it ain't priced out of reach.