Old 06-19-2007, 12:50 PM
BootCamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

Gotta agree with GTO Judge. I'm his age, have kids his age, WAS a kid your age....... We've been driving twice as long as you've been talking.
Look, Bud..... As much as we appreciate the Challenger, and enjoy the fact that you do too, the simple fact is that MOST kids your age don't have the experience or attitude to properly handle a car like the Challenger.
Besides the mere expense of the cost of buying the vehicle and insuring it (for someone YOUR age, the premiums would be extrodinary!), the simple fact is MOST 16-20 year olds just don't have the capability of driving the car to it's potential "when appropriate". There's a time and place for everything. Young men your age don't realize that MOST of the time and let testosterone overrule common sense. That fact, along with the addition of alcohol to the mix has put more classic muscle cars in the junk yard than all of the others combined (AND put more young people with bright futures in hospitals, wheelchairs and coffins).

I'll tell you the same thing I told our two oldest sons (2 more yet to get thier permits God help me).
If your first date is with Shania Twain, where do you go from there? Start off with the pretty "girl next door" that you've been looking at all of your life. If she isn't the one for you, start working your way up. No one starts at the top and stays there for very long.
Get yourself a sound, dependable, economical used car to learn on (and have your first accident with) - it's happened that way for MOST of us. I'm not trying to "rain on your parade", and I hope Dodge makes the Challenger long enough so you can get a new one - AFTER you've got a few years behind the wheel under your belt, and you're not a "slave" to the financial burden.

BTW..... both of our sons had major accidents within a year of getting thier licenses. One flipped (not rolled, FLIPPED - end over end) his mother's Saab. The other t-boned another car with his Eclipse. Neither of those cars had the power of the Challenger - Thank God! Both of our sons were very lucky and didn't sustain life threatening injuries. Both were confident in thier skills - before AND after thier accidents - and had been heard to say that they were good drivers.....then again, I can't recall ANYONE EVER saying "I'm a terrible driver".