Old 06-19-2007, 05:35 PM
SkillzDatKillz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

A charger is a pretty big car..and it's not like im racing. I figured the charger would be one of the more safe cars for a person my age.
If you want a safe car for someone of ANY age, get a Volvo. Yeah, I know - the image thing.
The Charger IS a safe car - we got my wife an R/T last spring. It's also a very powerful car (even the 3.5L V6) - one that could easily get away from ANYONE, let alone someone with little/no driving experience in traffic. And yes, it's listed as a large sedan. Size alone doesn't make it safe, nor does it keep you from making poor decisions. The operator behind the wheel makes a car safe or unsafe through the decisions he/she makes.
I'll get one reguardless..
I knew it all when I was your age too - now my kids know it all and they think I'm a horse's @$$. LOL! If they only knew HALF of what I've forgotten! AND if only I listened to the people that offered ME sound advice when I was thier age, I'd have saved myself a lot of pain, inconvenience, time and money.

You can wreck in anything. I have a simple question...If your so worried about safety...why are you guys drooling about how fast these cars go? I'm not a drag racer..I like the cars look..not really it's performance. Sure, it's good to brag about. But no way am I going at a speed that makes me uncomfortable. I figured with the size of the Charger it would be one of the more safe cars out there. Sure it's powerful, but a lot of things are. There are tons of cars out there you would reccomend me get..a lot that would go over speeds I will never even reach in my car.

And my parents basically just don't want me to get anything too small, I think I could easily talk them into a challenger. But I think I may just end up getting a GT..My sisters boyfriend just got a bad GT...I love it..