Old 06-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Rob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

Since I am the one that started this ball rolling, I will chime in here.

I am 27 and I hope to sell my current car and buy the Challenger when it comes out. That said, I do plan on doing exactly what Jeremiah said: take a driving recovery course (hopefully the allow you to use their cars...lol)

I have driven the new Mustang GT and fell in love with the power and handling. But it did make me realize...and I'm sure most would agree, this is a wild ride, and I do plan to go to the track and hopefully learn from some professionals.

I live in Toronto, Canada, and I believe there is a track west of me ...can't remember what it's called ...starts with a T ..haha

Anyhoo, I still say what I said before. Too young. Although I would have wanted the same thing when I was 16, I'm glad I didn't get it because it would most definitely have gotten out of my hands. And once it's out of your hands you crash, insurance goes up, you're paying for years. Do what the others say, get a junker, learn how to drive it...heck kill that little junker, then upgrade when you're ready...5-6 years down the road, I dunno. Cars with that much power have a tendency to get to 60mph faster than sh$t through a goose ...and worst of all, because it's built for speed it doesn't even seem like your going what the speedo says.

Parents say big car, big car = safe car, safe car = not sports car

If I was younger, and my parents were willing to spend $20-30,000 on my new car (or if you already have that kinda money...) I would probably look at a Ford Fusion or something (the only mid-size, reasonably priced car which I think looks half decent -- actually the Lincoln Mark Z...what a sweet a$$ on that car, but that's as much as the Challenger) or cool pickup like the Ford Ranger...

You're probably gonna have some response to this, saying "oh, it's not the power", "...it wont get outta control...", "...I'll drive it responsibly, I'll drive it slow" ...trust none of those things will happen unless you engage the governor chip at 60mph.

0-60mph in 4.5 sec ...enough said.

R