Thread: Greetings
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 08:46 AM
GTO JUDGE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Greetings

ORIGINAL: jdb840

I remember seeing pics of that charger is was beautiful. Their was also a concept drawing of the charger, about a year or two before the release date, that had almost looked identical to the 69 charger. I wish that's what they would've went with, either way I like the look of the new chargers.

welcome to the site!!

Is that an aftermarket hood on your GTO? I thought that they didn't put hood scoops on until 2006, either way it looks good.

Thanks !! The hood scoops came out in 2005. I ordered the GM Sports Appearance Package when I ordered the car. Dealer ordered and installed. I wanted something different than the standard run GTO. That Package was discontinued during the 2006 model run. Finding those parts are now difficult (some cannot be found) and if found they are getting 2-3x times the factory ordered price. I am keeping it completely OEM with the GM certified kit.

The car I ordered is 1 of 516 built in 05. 4.6% were silver/black/m6/17" tires.
Factor in the kit, the percentage of 05's identical to mine is most probably 1% or less.

I do have pics of the concept Charger....I will post them in the off topic section.