Old 06-20-2007, 04:10 PM
BootCamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

ORIGINAL: Paladin06
Would it be asking too much to if we cease with all of this wasted conversation with an obviously "spoiled child"?
Sorry Bud, but I was working on this when your post went up.
I don't want to turn him off completely. I agree with you 100%, but I'm worried that the accident he'll have will involve someone in my family or a friend.
ORIGINAL: SkillzDatKillz
I'll get a charger then if it's that big of a deal. I ask for a price and I get my parents telling me to get a tank. And for the people that actually answered my question thank you for not trying to tell me what to do and what not to do and worrying about yourself.
When kids with little/no driving experience, an overload of hormones, false confidence, and more money than common sense get behind the wheel of high-HP 2-ton missles and drive on the same public roads that we're on, I AM worried about myself AND my family - something I'm sure that kid won't do when he's busy trying to impress someone.

I supervise work crews in Highway Construction And Maintenance in New York. We work on the Interstate Highways and part of my job is to secure accident scenes, as well as repair damage to structures on the Interstates. Would you like to know how many bodies I've seen taken away from fatal accident sites? Would you like to know what it looks and smells like? Can you guess what percentage of accident reports I get copies of that involve drivers between the ages of 16 and 21? Try 40%! Although the 16 - 21 age group represents less than 10% of the drivers on my roads, they're involved in 40% of the accidents! That ratio is STAGGERING!
[IMG]local://upfiles/271/D3E53B995C7B454C843CEC5DDF6E6954.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/271/045B18C619484371A1C8E8B5E05449D8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/271/804CD01846EC4336BA17E2F3C9DF57B1.jpg[/IMG]
The pictures of what's left of the blue Toyota under the semi were taken when four pretty girls were going to a HS graduation party and tried to change lanes to get to thier exit. The driver was 17 - she was in the wrong lane, tried to move over two lanes and didn't look when trying to get to the exit. She didn't see the Semi until she and her three friends were under it.
[IMG]local://upfiles/271/EE5EE64582E548FA958148DBE896CDFB.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/271/5AE4BC2B98324AACB75FDF5DDABE7C59.jpg[/IMG]
The pictures of the grey car were taken when a college student (19 years old) tried going through our road work zone between the "cushion truck" and the "work truck". She hit a car in the lane she was trying to get to (she didn't look before changing lanes) and got pushed back INTO the work truck. Fortunately, the crew got out of the way in time before she rear-ended the trailer we were pulling that had 3 tons of hot blacktop in it. The trailer didn't move - obviously, her car was destroyed. She was saved by the airbag.

These are pictures of just TWO accidents caused by poor judgement, inattentive driving, and driving while distracted. There an average of a dozen every day on the 250 miles of roads we cover. Of that dozen, 4 or 5 (on average) will involve a driver between the ages of 16 and 21. I have many much more graphic pictures, but won't post them here.
The most lasting memories of these accidents is the look on the parents faces when they arrive on the scene. For me, the worst ones are when they involve small children. Maybe it's because I have kids, but I see this every day and still get chills walking up to a scene where I can see tiny sneakers or toys scattered about the pavement. The children were the victims of others' poor decisions.
HERE'S THE AMAZING PART - Not ONE of these people are "bad drivers" or were "going too fast", "inattentive", "inexperienced", "failed to change lanes safely"...... . Ask them! Every one of them said "It happened so fast" when the troopers were interview