Old 06-22-2007, 02:43 AM
BootCamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

Look, Bud..... As much as we appreciate the Challenger, and enjoy the fact that you do too, the simple fact is that MOST kids your age don't have the experience or attitude to properly handle a car like the Challenger.

Get yourself a sound, dependable, economical used car to learn on (and have your first accident with) - it's happened that way for MOST of us. I'm not trying to "rain on your parade", and I hope Dodge makes the Challenger long enough so you can get a new one - AFTER you've got a few years behind the wheel under your belt, and you're not a "slave" to the financial burden.
I don't think that was disrespectful at all. Actually, I think I'd have been remiss as a co-enthusiast, parent, and a responsible adult if I didn't make these statements.
There have been a lot of "elders" that helped shape my life with thier advice. If I didn't take it for it's intended meaning at the time, I never forgot it and found use for it later.
I think I'd have had no respect for someone who knew better than I and DIDN'T share thier experience, wisdom and knowledge with me - and it cost me dearly later.
I don't discourage his passion for the Challenger. With the expected performance of the equipment we're all under the impression this car will be made with, I expect NONE of us would have been capable of properly controlling it at his age, let alone exercising good judgment when a questionable situation (challenge from another teenager) arose.
As far as "ganging up" on him, I'd prefer to look at it as the expression of a "consensus".