View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 08:09 AM
lear4406

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: This will teach you to street race

I wonder if the same would apply if one of us decided to bump them off at a stop light in our old Challengers. Could you imagine your primo car being crushed before your eyes. Because you made a stupid decision to do a stop light to stop light drag. I guess... don't do the crime if you can't do the time. But man that would break my heart. But if I even injured another person in the act of an acceleration contest due to my own ego, I would not be able to live with myself. I guess they are doing their best to make the streets safe for everyone. I wonder if drunk drivers cars should be crushed before their eyes or not. Oh thats right its a disease and they can't help themselves. Was it for the racing or for the stolen parts on the cars? I used to street race in the 70's and made some good money on the street scene. We were very descrete in where we raced, that did not make it right. I loved all the smack talk and the bolstering of position. We raced after midnight in various places that were not well populated at that time of night. We were caught in the act by law inforcement officers several times. But they usually gave us bogus tickets and chastised us for what we were doing. One even called my father and that got real ugly when I got home. But I tried to stop because I knew it was wrong, but it was what I lived for in those days. Spend all week adding new parts to make the car go that much quicker or make it lighter. The respect I had from the kids on the street gave me a sense of power back then. Girls wanted to ride with the skinny white kid whose car had a notorious reputation. But I did eventually grow up and become an honest mostly law abiding member of my community. I understand the guys and what they are going through, but I also know how dangerous it is to those that ride on the same roads as those who choose to not think no farther then the end of their windshield. Be safe and really stop and think before you do something that may change your life and someone elses. The cars we want to buy are as powerful as detroit has ever made. Thank GOD they handle and stop as good as they go.