View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 12:37 AM
demort71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 392 Super Stock Challenger

Great article! Obviously the Challenger Super Stocker even impressed a snobby (?) auto journalist who probably has written a lot of favorable articles about refined, wine-sipping imports like the Honda Accord and BMWs and the like. Now he knows what us "piston rattling" speed freaks and Dukes of Hazzard-enamored redneck morons love about American muscle-they are sooooo much fun!!

Heck, if they had given the journalist snob a few more days behind the wheel of this modern firebreather, maybe they could have taught him to say something like-"Mopar or no car!" and have him actually mean it!!!! Of course I think the new Challenger will do more than go in a straight line and stay between the ditches with traction control-whata ya think?

The really fun part of owning Mopars all these years has been teaching others to appreciate or at least respect them. I love to see the look on Brand-X owners' faces after I dust them in a street race. Better yet I like to hear their immediate reactions or excuses after they just got beat by a "junky" Dodge. These days they always want to know how much nitrous you have on board. Of course I have never put NOS on a car I own. If it needs that, you need a real engine in the car and that means you bought the wrong car/brand in the first place.