Old 07-01-2007, 12:09 AM
markfromaurora

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Salary needed to afford Challenger

This is such a wierd question. But in all of your opinions, what yearly salary would be acceptable to get the new Challengers? I know its different person to person, but if you are dropping around 10-15k as a down payment, would somebody at 40k a year be able to catch up an R/T or so for around 350/month AND afford it while paying a rent or a new home. See the thing is , I love this new challenger coming out. I am almost 22 and dragging out my college plan to be an engineer. I will probably be finished with school in about 2-3 years. Expecting around at leats 45 start due to my experience in the field, I was wondering , is it a good idea to get a brand new Challenger R/T? I am currently driving a car that will probably be nearing its end within a year or two and when the time comes, it will be good to get a solid replacement. The Challenger is a car unlike any other and I am totally in love with all things about it. I thought the old ones were awesome. Granted, i will have a 10-15k down payment and the time of release, will it be a good idea to get one for 32k? An r't model. I mean, I live at home, but about two years after school is done I plan to move out, but who knows then,i may be engaged by that time and have a partner to pay for the place. I mean when i have to get a new car i will have to , and i prefer a new car. There is nothing that appeals to me as much as this. I want to hear from an adult what their true opinion is of me gettign this when i need a new car.

So in my situation- 45k a year, with 15k down on a 32k Challenger R/T- show i worry, or is it possible to easily make it financially