View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 05:39 AM
GTO JUDGE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Here Come The Judge

I agree. In the article Goat or Chicken... Lutz stated "No carbon copy of the Camaro will make it into any other GM-brand showroom." For some reason he wants no close resemblance of the new to the old. I guess he's blind to popularity of the Stang GT retro look, and all the hype on the retro Challenger look. The GTO started the muscle car craze. With muscle cars making their modified way back into production (their attempt failed) you would think GM would emphasize the model that started it all. They screwed up the new GTO with a design that no way resembled the looks of old. GM got the kick in the ass they so deserved but instead of redesigning it they killed it......

The indecisions coming from GM is getting old. GM's poor marketing on the deceased GTO line doomed this car from the start. GM talked a few years ago about bringing back the Firebird then I read NO WAY will it be brought back, there is no talk of reviving it. Now they are talking about it. The GTO is dead, then they come out and say no it's not, then they say yes it is, then they say we will disguise it as a G8. The indecisions coming from them show just what kind of tailspin they are in. So far the G line is BORING. I would expect no less of the G8 IF it ever gets past the round table discussion area.

March 25, 2007 article states an expansion of the rear wheel drive...

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Auto_News/Daily_Auto_News/GM_Expands_Rear-Drive_Plans.S173.A12113.html

April 10, 2007 article states GM putting the brakes on rear wheel drive vehicles.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-0704090401apr10,0,1765735.column?coll=chi-bizfront-hed

Now this article by [Source: Car and Driver] states in an article dated Jul 3, 2007 a Firebird and GTO are being contemplated.

They truly are struggling to come up with something, anything. I don't believe a word of anything they say, Bob Lutz has recanted and decanted and recanted again so much, anything coming from his mouth is string pulling.

March 25 he says expansion of rear wheel drive, 2 weeks later he says GM is putting the brakes on rear wheel drives. Then 90 days or so later he is talking about 2 model cars both rear wheel drives, one they killed rather then redesign it and keep it going.... and Firebird talk he stated before will NEVER be revived.

Lutz is a friggin clown. He should keep his mouth shut until he has something definitive to say or come out with something other than speculation.
I don't buy anything coming from GM. GM is pounding their chest on the upcoming Camaro, they still have time to screw this up. I expect it.

Reading about their indecisions and indecisiveness is as boring as the G line they created.

While GM spins it's wheels wondering what to do next, they are falling further behind.