View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 06:05 PM
davidsbush

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger markup

I had my Ram in for service, so I stopped by the showroom and asked who the authority was on the 08 Challenger. I was pointed in the direction of a mid 40-ish salesman. I asked him if they were taking deposits, and he said no that they were taking names though, and if I wanted to be #2 on the list, I could be. I said sign me up! He told me that I would be contacted when they are allowed to start ordering, possibly Sept./Oct., with a spring delivery. He asked me if there was anything in particular I wanted. I said no, but there are 2 things I will not accept. First, I will not buy an automatic, and second, I will not pay one penny over invoice. He said that neither would be a problem, that the 08 will not come with an automatic. He also said that they don't play the mark-up game, they are also a Ford dealer, and didn't do any of that with the Mustangs and Shelby Cobras. He was not sure if it will have a 5.7 or a 6.1, or possibly a 6.4. If I heard him right, he said 08 may be the last year for the 6.1? May be something else to add to the rumor list, I don't know, time will tell.