View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 12:29 PM
GTO JUDGE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger markup

Friday July 13 I took a drive to the Dodge Dealer I plan on doing with business with. I went in for an update, and as I would have expected it, the young kid who took my name and put me on the list for upcoming information quit.

The salesman I talked to put me on his list. I asked him if they are taking deposits. He said yes. He tells me they will take a 1,000 dollar deposit. I asked if it's refundable he says yes. I am told they have 3 deposits thus far. Putting a deposit down will assure you one when they come out. I was asked if I'd like to put a deposit on one, I told him no. Been there done that with my GTO. Told him I will opt to wait. I further told him I will not pay a mark up. He tells me and reassures me....."This dealer doesn't play that game." I told him yea ye yea until they are on the market then you will... Again he reassured me the dealer will not mark them up. We chatted a bit more and I asked him if 35-40K was a fair guess on price and he tells me he thinks so, but again, the dealer still has not heard anything concrete on the car yet...So the wait continues.